About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Finishing an Old Project




I finished a simple project I started several years ago, at least 10, but it could be as many as 20 I'm not sure just when I laid them down. I found them recently when I cleaned out a back cabinet in my laundry room. I am so excited to have these little embroidered his and hers redwork pillowcases complete. The his pillowcase has been just lacking a few little stitches, and the hers has been untouched all of these many years.

When my mother had to have surgery and I knew I would be spending lots of time at the hospital, I decided to grab a hand project to take with me. I saw the pillowcase laying on top of a pile of unfinished projects so I grabbed it and a couple of skeins of red thread and stuffed them in my bag. I finished the pillowcase and came home to compare them. I
knew that there was a good possibility that the threads wouldn't match, and they probably don't exactly, but they are close enough for me as far as color goes. I laid them side by side and realized that I had done the his case with three strands and the hers with two. Oh, well, we are going to sleep on them I guess it's no big deal.

I'm planning to keep a simple embroidery project near for times when I just need a little something to keep my hands busy. It is such a soothing craft, and I enjoy having handmade things. My mother does beautiful embroidery. Maybe one day I'll do work as nicely as she does.

3 comments:

  1. They're beautiful! I'd say, "Like Mother, like Daughter"!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 31:13
    13She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

    These are so cute. Embroidery is something that I've been wanting to try for a while. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are wonderful! I'm currently finishing a project that I started nearly 30 years ago. High five to you!!

    ReplyDelete