About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Favorite Things Friday, September 9th Edition






One of my favorite things this week has been the amazing sunsets. After several days of rain the sun was beautiful to see, but the sunsets were gorgeous!


Have you ever tried to slow a sunset down? They happen so quickly, and no matter how you try to savor it and hang on it just keeps slipping until all at once it's over. Thankfully, we only have to wait another 24 hours until the next one.


Sunsets always remind me of God's love. If He paints the sky in such amazing hues everyday just to delight our hearts, how can we question His love for us? I know bad things happen, and we tend to focus on them, but have you ever stopped to count the beautiful, each one unique, sunsets in your life?




(Hit this button to see other people's favorite things.)

8 comments:

  1. I love sunsets. Each one is so unique! I've never counted them but always stop to soak them in. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so beautiful about each sunset isn't there? It's as if no matter what the day has been like we get a show at the end of us to remind us of how wonderful simple things can be .

    Your pictures are just gorgeous !

    Thank you for sharing your sunset with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunset and sunrise are my favorite times of day. They can energize you and still give you a sense of peace. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love them too but I agree wwith you , they happen so fast.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sunset pictures. I only take the time to watch them when I'm on vacation.. I need to take the time to watch them at other times too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunsets really do inspire wonder and awe. I love watching the ever-changing sky. One of my favorite things too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sunsets. Its something about beginnings and endings isn't it that gives you the warm and fuzzies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of your sunsets. And I love your header photo also - such a nice family pic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete