About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Longest Days

The longest days it seems to me are those spent waiting.  The ones before a big trip, or the return of a loved one.  Our recent days have been extremely long as we wait for the birth of our grandson.  We wonder when he will arrive, what he will look like, who he will be, and how things will change after his arrival.  He isn't due for two more weeks, but we can't help thinking he may arrive early like all of his sisters did.  

I keep trying to think of fun things to keep our minds occupied instead of being pre-occupied with speculation.  I'm not doing a very good job.  Let me just say, this is not a good time for one to be trying to weight watch!  I love to eat, so on our agenda today was brownie baking followed by brownie digesting!  Tomorrow's plan is to try and hit the hot sign at Krispy Kreme.  So if you have any suggestions for mindful fun for three girls under five and a very pregnant mom, PLEASE hit the comment button!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment