About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Friday, August 7, 2009

It's Not My Birthday!





















What a wonderful couple of weeks!  I've been blessed with so many gifts from all around.  On my camping trip I mentioned that some of our family came up and visited with us.  Well, my sister-in-law, Lucy, brought me another "Poor Mindy" box.  This is something she and Jae started on their little outings.  Lucy's house is full of adorable vintage finds and Jae keeps reminding her that she really doesn't need anything else.  Lucy always tells Jae, "If you think I have too much stuff you should see Mindy's house!"  To which Jae replies, "Poor Mindy!"  Now when they find something that they really like and can't pass up Lucy says, "I know I don't need it, but Mindy will love it."  So the item goes into the "Poor Mindy" box.  Now I can't even begin to tell you how much I love these boxes!  Lucy brought me one of these boxes to the camp site.  I don't know why I didn't take pictures.  This box was HUGE!  There was a note attached telling me about various things in the box.  The note mentioned some special vintage storage containers.  I was thinking of those colored refrigerator dishes with glass lids, or the vintage pyrex containers, but was I in for a surprise!  Among the treasures there were margarine containers, cool whip containers, mix matched plastic junk!  These girls have a real sense of humor.  Oh, but the treasures were great! There were some really pretty vintage children's books, oh how I love vintage children's books!  Craft supplies for the kid's craft box, another real keeper, I'm a sucker for anything crafty and so are the kids.  Some beautiful vintage linens and some  adorable vintage planters!  Both had belonged to another one of Lucy's friend's grandmother's.  I am amazed that she parted with them, and that I am the lucky recipient!  Then there was a gorgeous kimono sent for the kid's dress up box.  I'm sorry, it was just too beautiful for the dress up box, my daughter thought so too and napped that baby for her own!  I wish I were not so thick (a more polite word for fat!), she would have never gotten it.  














When I came home my brother came over and brought me a package from a friend of mine from high school.  I was so surprised !  I opened it and found the most adorable apron!  It belonged to her grandmother.  It was made from a feed sack and has deep pockets of orange and it is trimmed in lace.  The best part is that there is a button on either side and a  button hole further down.  When you push the button through the hole it turns in to a lovely bonnet!  Doesn't angel eyes make a lovely model?

No comments:

Post a Comment