About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Wonky Log Cabin

I've been seeing Wonky Log Cabin Quilts around Blogland for a while now. I wanted to make one right off the bat, first off because I'm a bit wonky myself so this just spoke to me, secondly because I figured if I could make a quilt out of scraps and without excessive measuring this just had to be great!










Oh, how I'm loving this process. It's so easy and I really like the quirky look of the blocks. These are a real mish-mash mixing vintage and newer scraps, no color scheme, just a real grab bag quilt.



I'm sure this won't speak to everyone, but I'm having fun and hey, it'll keep me warm, right?










I really like this ducky block! A friend gave me a little vintage scrap with the cutest whimsical animals, and I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Now I know. These blocks will set off each animal in their own funky frame.















There is a really great tutorial for wonky blocks over at Tallgrass Prairie Studio. There are easy step by step instructions and great pictures of every step.











These are all of the blocks I have made so far, but this is something that doesn't take a lot of planning so you can work on one a little at a time. Although I will tell you it's hard to stop once you start. It's sort of addictive!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love them! they def speak to me. I think this would be my type of quilting although I might already be doing it! thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughtful comment ...I have a feeling I will be back to chat.

    ReplyDelete