About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Gift of an Apron

I love wearing aprons! They make me feel so domestic and homemakerish (okay, I know that's not a word, but hopefully you know what I mean.)

I have collected a few vintage ones, I've made a few, I have some my mom has made for me through the years, but for some reason I only recently began wearing them. I don't know why I waited so long because I've always been a messy cook! It probably has something to do with the fact that I often store things I love instead of using them. I'm always waiting for a special occasion. I'm trying hard to change this and use the things I love, even if they get messed up at least I'll have a memory associated with them.

I have been meaning to post on the apron I'm wearing in this picture for a while. A friend made this for me and then gave me the pattern so I can make some too! I love it! It's such a happy apron don't you think so? I'm anxious to make some for gifts. I was hoping to get some made before Christmas, but I don't think that is going to happen. Not much time left and I don't expect I'll have a lot of sewing time before then. Some of the best gifts are those given "just because" like this one was!

No comments:

Post a Comment