About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

What a wonderful Christmas. I can't put my finger on it, but this one seems so much more special. Maybe it's because my parent's have both been ill recently and I see anew how precious life is. Maybe it is the joy of being surrounded by so many people I love that makes it so special.

I was able this year as never before to really focus on what exactly it is that we are celebrating. I'm thankful that the Nativity is more than a part of the decoration, more than a story. It's true. Jesus really came as a baby, God as man. He lived among us, He died for us, and He changed forever the way we relate to God, the Father.

I feel awkward trying to even put into words the wonder I've experienced this year. I guess it's so deep and personal that I can't explain it adequately to anyone else, but I wish I could. I wish I could put into each of your hearts the joy and awe I've encountered.

Usually there is a let down feeling for me as Christmas passes and all of the hype dies down, but not this year. All of my celebrating with others has past, but I am still celebrating inside. The reason we celebrate is not over, because the consequences of Christmas are eternal. Everyday should be a celebration for the best news that ever was told is just as true today as it was 2000 years ago. Jesus came to set me free, and I shall remain free forever. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment