About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mysterious Letters

I love a handwritten letter don't you?  The fact that someone took the time to write a note to me and mail it always touches me.  I have a friend in Tennessee who writes the neatest letters filled with stories about her neighbors, her flowers, the wildlife on the creek near her home.  I love reading those letters.  Truth be told, I probably still have every hand written note I've ever received, well, except for high school boyfriend notes.  I threw those away years ago.  Anyway, I was really awestruck by these two artist who have decided to send a letter to everyone all 467 people in a small village in Ireland.  You can read about it here.  Very interesting story!  I won't try to retell it because you should really scoot on over there and read it yourself.  You can even see the letters.  I also love mail art.  So if you're inclined doodle up a letter and send it to me, or to someone else.  I would say that counts as an easy random act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment