About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Crayolas and Supervisors

Well, Scooter's finally asleep.  It only took one story told, prayers, two stories read, and 52 questions answered to get her there.  She is such a sweetie.  When she asks questions she looks so intently into your eyes earnestly waiting and soaking in your answers.  She can't be derailed if you try to avoid one either.  She very persistently will ask the same question over and over until you answer her suitably.  She wanted her Gran to fix her crayon, and when he told her he couldn't she was not convinced.  "I know you have a supervisor in your pocket"  she kept saying over and over.  Finally I realized that a "supervisor" means screwdriver, and Gran patiently and repeatedly explained that some things can't be fixed even with a screwdriver.  I think of other things like broken hearts that can't be fixed and I'm glad it's only crayons we are working on today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment