About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Country Life









I must say I love the country life. I know the city has a lot to offer, but there is something about the country, the quietness, (well sometimes) the interludes with nature that sometimes surprise you when in fact they were probably going on all along. I saw seven dragonflies line up on an electrical wire yesterday like they were sitting for a portrait, of course I didn’t have my camera with me! I’ve never seen that before. I wonder if it happens all the time, and I just haven’t taken the time to notice.









A truck ride to the pasture is an easy way to entertain little ones when they come to visit. Some like it more than others. Cows running toward the truck and bellowing loudly can be a little unsettling at first, especially if you’re too little to understand what’s going on.


















Feeding the horses is a consistent favorite activity. We usually take carrots or apples, but not this day. “Here Horsey, want a ‘mato’?”


Country life can also be busy. With the garden in full swing I put up 6 pints of okra pickles, 9 pints of dill relish, and a bushel of corn today. Salsa’s on the agenda for tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. I love it! Take it from this city-turned-country girl, the city aint got nothin' on country life.

    ReplyDelete