About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy







I am very thankful to have such a wonderful father. He has been a great example, a real man of integrity, full of love and adventure.

My dad must have some gypsy in his blood for there is a little wanderlust that rears it's head from time to time, and you never know where it is going to lead. Some of my fondest memories are of him dreaming up a new adventure. Some of these plans panned out, and others we only went on in our imaginations, but either way we learned a lot about dreaming big from our dad.

One of the adventures that did come to fruition was a week long trip down a creek in inflatable boats with 5 kids ranging in ages from 2 to 12, all of us camping in one tent along the way.



Another time we moved to New Hampshire (which turned into Vermont) for two days, and then moved back home. Needless to say there is a much longer story here.











Daddy loves to pull pranks, and you can never tell when he's pulling your leg, unless you catch the mischievous twinkle in his eye, and even then your not really sure. He knows how to make you laugh, even when you don't want to. I can remember trying so hard to be mad sometimes when I was young, but he always knew just how to crack me up, and who can be angry and laugh at the same time?

My dad loves babies, and all of the babies love him too! He taught Baby Dino to patty-cake, and Baby Dino almost took his first step for him today.




As I said I am truly blessed and thankful to have such a great dad. I love you, Daddy! Happy Father's Day!




1 comment:

  1. Oh Mindy! What a hoot!

    A 2 day move to New Hampshire/Vermont!?! Lordamercy!

    Sweet stories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete