About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chocolate Toast


I am a chocoholic and when I try to be good as far as eating right or try to diet I have to get it out of the house. If I know it's there chocolate calls my name and I surrender much too often. When I don't have chocolate candy in the house and I start craving it too strongly I improvise with chocolate toast. My mom used to make this for us sometimes when we were kids, and I love it!!! You just butter your bread, any kind from hot dog buns to sour dough, whatever kind you have on hand works, well maybe not rye, but you know what I mean. After the butter you have two options either mix up cocoa and sugar to your liking, or simply use chocolate milk mix Nestle's Quick or Ovaltine both work fine. Sprinkle a generous helping onto the butter and bake in the oven. It may sound strange, but trust me it's very good!!! Try it sometime and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment