About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Good-bye Rusty



Today we said good-by to our dog of 16 years. This little guy attended more tea parties, parades, and dress-up sessions than any canine ought to have to withstand. He has worn tutus, garlands, hats and anything else the kids could think to put on him. He was a fierce protector of the children, and even this week came between Sweet Cheeks and a water moccasin on a berry picking excursion. He had another severe seizure or stroke last night and had to be put to sleep. It isn't often you see a grown man cry, but my husband was brought to tears several times today.

Little Rusty Iron Will will be missed greatly, especially by the grandkids who often left little treats in his bead. He had a little house in the living room for a while, and after the grand-kids went home I would find a movie or some of their toys they left in his house for him to play with while they were gone.


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, very sad when we lose out furbabies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this :( Praying for comfort for your family. I know how special Rusty was to everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, words can't convey enough. I understand. Rusty will be waiting at The Rainbow Bridge. http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

    Many hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete