About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

       


There has been so much going on lately things have slipped by without me blogging about them. So now I'm going to try to catch up.  Before the wedding  I went to Atlanta to visit my sister-in-law.  She and her friend were going to a quilt hop.  I had never heard of any such animal, but I knew it involved fabric and fun so of course I was game.  Anytime we get together we have a blast whatever we do.  Our niece met us, which greatly multiplied our fun.  She has never sewn before, but like me was game for adventure, so she met us on the second day.  The hop involved several stores around the Atlanta area, nine I think.  Anyway, there was an overall theme of "The Magic of Childhood"  you can read all about it here.  Each shop had a theme within that theme:  A Day on the Farm, Fairy-tales, The Circus, Saturday Morning Cartoons etc.  You received a passport at the first shop you visited, each shop stamped your passport, and after you visited  all of the stores you turned in your passport which was entered for some fabulous prizes.  Beautiful quilts were on display at each of these shops and little gifts were given to each person as they got their passports stamped.  Each shop had a different feel and flavor and of course the quilting bug bit both my niece and myself very hard!  She had plans to go home and buy a sewing machine, and I started purchasing fabric at the first shop.  It was so much fun, I can't wait to do it again. I made a great new friend, enjoyed the time with family I don't get to see often enough, and I have so many new ideas in my head it actually hurts.   Here are pictures taken on various days of the hop.  Bet you can't tell which was the last day?  

Okay, I'm going to post two post today, because I can't figure out how to move my pictures around and they all come out in crazy fashion, who knows where they'll be and I want to break them up so there is more to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment