About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Note to self:


I am going to try again to live more in the present.  My mom used to tell me, “Honey, don’t wish your life away.”  And, of course, as mothers tend to be, she was right.  Each day has its gifts.  When I was growing up I’d wish whole years away, now it’s just little bits of time.  I’m too hilltop to wish years away anymore, but I still catch myself saying, “as soon as I finish this, maybe I’ll have time for that.”  Instead of enjoying the process of whatever it is this present moment holds.  Some moments I want to savor, like the innocent stage of childhood where my grandchildren reside.  Other times, like cleaning house or waiting in line, I just want to be over so I can get back to the good stuff.  However, I’m learning more and more each moment has its gift, something to learn, something to watch for.  Happiness can be chosen even when we aren’t doing the thing we most enjoy.  So here lies my pep-talk to myself:  Enjoy each one, cause there’s no do overs with time.  “Whatever your hands find to do do it with all thy might,”  and may I add with a happy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment