About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Favorite Things Friday









Of course it's no secret that my favorite things aren't things at all, but people. I'm crazy about my crazy family, each and every one of them. The family members over 21 are particularly choosey about the photos of themselves that appear on my blog, so since I don't have express permission on any of their current photos I'll share the ones of the younger set.

I marvel at the differences in these sweet little personalities. Each one has been created with such an individual diversity from the others. Each processes information in a different way, and expresses their thoughts differently. I often wonder what path each life will take, and how we as family can best equip each one for the things that lie ahead. I wonder what God has in store for them, and how each one will make a difference in the world. We seldom take the time to think about it, but we all do make a difference in one way or another.

I sometimes listen to the news and feel a little discouraged about the future, but when I look in these little faces, and remember the God we serve, my hope is renewed.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Family. Always a treasure. Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kiddos...and aren´t you glad you donßt know what the future holds ...I wonder sometimes but than again think it is so much better not to know...thanks for sharing your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet family you have! I agree, people are some of my favorite "things"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, yes family is a favorite here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the only thing that really matters when you get down to it is the people you love.

    I often look at my grandson and marvel at his potential and wonder what life will hold for him. The little people in your life are just gorgeous.

    I loved this post! Thanks for sharing it for FTF this week.

    ReplyDelete