About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Sewing for Boys, and a Bit of a Quilt

Sewing for little girls is easy. There is so much to choose from, and no matter what your skill level you can find cute fabrics and patterns that make your efforts really rewarding. However, if you are a semi-beginner, like I would consider myself, it's really hard to try your hand at something for little boys.

When I saw this Laurie Wisbrun line for Robert Kaufman called Pooches & Pickups, I just knew I had to figure something I could pull off for my grandsons. This my first attempt. Isn't my little model adorable?























Such a charming little guy, and so funny and loving.


I've also been working on a quilt in little snatches of time when I should be cleaning house or cooking.
Here is a square from it. I can't wait to get it finished! I'm really not very good at sewing in small increments of time. Once I start on something I want to keep at it until it's finished. (This only goes for sewing, painting, or reading. Sadly things like housework I'm perfectly content to let slide.)

2 comments:

  1. Well it looks like you have got a winning article there... He looks so Happy wearing it... It is adorable... and I do agree Girls are much easier to sew for... But sewing for Boys really takes creativity... : )
    Have a wonderful and blessed 4th

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!!! Yes, you do have the cutest little model! Love that little jumper! I have pretty limited sewing skills or I would be all over that! But I am pretty sure I could get my mom going on one ;) She is pretty gifted like you! Fun to see your blog! I enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete