About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Video Tutorial by Angel Eyes



All of these wonderfully, crafty ladies have the most amazing craft tutorials on their blogs. While I love piddling at all kinds of creative pursuits I don't feel qualified to show anyone else how to do anything. However, my six year old grand-daughter has me beat!

Angel Eyes wanted to do a craft to enter in the fair. After looking around for something different and eye catching that a six year old could pull off by herself I found several sites showing how to make tie dyed shirts using permanent markers and alcohol. (here is one of those sites) It looked promising so I got out an old shirt and tried it myself. Then I told A.E. I had the perfect idea for a fair worthy craft. She was so excited because she loves tie dye and has been wanting to try it for a long time.

She came over and we got everything out and set it up on the porch and began to work. After trying her hand at it A.E. exclaimed, "Hey, Mimi, we can do our own craft video! Quick go get your camera! Pleassssse!!!!"

Of course I did, and without any instructions other than, "Don't use your real name, and talk so I can hear you." I started the camera rolling. Here's what happened:
One note, we pulled an area of the shirt over a bowl with a rubber band before we began. I think she did pretty well for her first try. If you scroll down to yesterday's post you will see her shirt won a first place ribbon!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I was not even aware that you can do tie dye with permanent markers. I am a new follower visiting from Sew Crafty Tuesday. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete