About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Graditude


Today I start a new habit. I have been very aware of my blessings of late. I often wonder why I have been so blessed. Certainly not because I deserve it, for nothing could be further from the truth. I am beginning a voyage of gratitude today. After reading this post on Ann Voskamp's blog, Holy Experience I will attempt to share my gratitude for 1000 graces, undeserved gifts from my Heavenly Father. How many blessings have I forgotten, ignored or neglected? I am ashamed to tell you I have no idea, daily I take them for granted. There are so many blessings even on those disappointing and even heartbreaking days. Today I start counting some of those blessings both the small and enormous ones. Here are just a few:

1. grace itself is a huge blessing

2. the unfailing love of God, I'll never understand why He gave His Son for me

3. my family, I will count them individually along the way, but today I will group them together because I am thankful that I belong to the family that I do

4. the change of seasons I'm always ready when a new season arrives

5. times of feeling useful, I recognize this gift most when it is missing, those periods of real usefulness are a true gift

6. homegrown produce

7. stories, both true and imaginary

8. prayers of others

9. clean water

10. comfortable shoes


No comments:

Post a Comment