About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Picnic Time

Spring usually doesn't last very long here.  We go from winter straight to summer in a matter of days, however last year we had a very nice spring.  I am hoping it will be the same this year.  Today is gorgeous!  Wouldn't you know it, I left my camera at my parent's house.  

Not only is the weather picture perfect, but the morning was one of those I wish I could hold on to and savor for more than just the fleeting time it took to pass.  My daughter called and asked if I would ride with her and the kids to get some strawberries from a local farm.  I said, "Of course!"  She and I kind of reminisced about when she and her brother were young and we would make an annual trek to a cheese farm and then to a strawberry farm and then to a park for a picnic.  She thought really quickly and said, "I have a loaf of homemade wheat bread.  Do you have a blanket?"  

"I sure do!"  I replied and off we went.  The cheese farm is so quaint, and the people that run it are very nice.  The kids loved it because when we pulled up there were guineas, chickens, and a big ole' Tom Turkey right there to greet us.

The store is very small, but full of wonderful delights, not only do they carry cheese, and local honey, but all sorts of delicious things like Turkish figs, imported chocolate, sesame candies, and tons of other yummy stuff.  We left with a basket full of goodies, and no big, bad wolves in sight.

The azaleas and bridal wreath are in full bloom, dogwoods are everywhere, and the scent of wisteria perfumes the air so much you can almost taste it. 

Then there are the strawberries, oh, don't even get me started on them!  They are the deepest red you can imagine, and so full of sweetness and juice that runs like a river down your chin at the first bite.

The kids played so sweetly at the park, and even had a nice attitude when it was time to go.

Days like this that I want to brand into my memory and never forget.  I hope they always remember tool

1 comment: