About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Monday, April 26, 2010

I Found it! Also an Upcycled Skirt, and a Monster Cookie recipe


I found my camera cord, right after I stopped looking for it, of course. I had a weekend filled with precious grand children, the weather was awful so we baked a little, had a tea party, and played indoors.


Here is the recipe for the Monster Cookies we made:

1 stick butter
1 cup each white and brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup pnt butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp maple syrup
4 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup M&Ms
1 cup craisins
1 cup pecans
Preheat oven to 350
Cream butters and sugars
Add eggs and mix until blended
Add baking soda, vanilla, syrup and blend
Stir in remaining ingredients
Drop by rounded tsp onto lightly greased baking sheets
Bake 12-15 minutes until edges start to brown.



Some where in between I made a skirt from three jeans pants legs. The photos of this are not great, and I haven't decided if I'll actually wear this out of the house or not, but here it is anyway. I still plan to embroider it or applique something on it. It needs a little doctoring up, but I had fun just playing around with something that didn't cost me a thing.







No comments:

Post a Comment