About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Another "Grand" Trip

We started out this weekend on another adventure with two of our grandchildren.  We chose to make the travel time a good bit shorter and picked a place with a cabin this time.  The kids loved it and so did we!
 It had a playground which was a real plus in their eyes!  They discovered that pine straw makes a slide go faster, a little trick I remember my dad teaching me when I was a child.
 There was an old see-saw, which they really enjoyed, I wonder why you never see see-saws on playgrounds anymore, I mean other than the fact that kids try to catapult each other off, it's pretty safe, right?


The lake was beautiful, of course, and we all enjoyed just being outside soaking in the beauty.


There was even a few moments of stillness...

but mostly there was a lot of squealing, running, swimming, and trying to catch things.  Belle, who I call Ellie Mae, just loves any sort of critter!  She's always trying to get a closer look, and her brother is pretty eager to help with that sort of endeavor.



We had a great time and I'll share a little more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment