About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Simple Solution

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.  My daughter has been trying to get her kids to make healthier food choices, and it's hard as a grandmother to say no to those sweet little faces even when you know what's best for them.

A few weeks ago, when she called saying they were coming over for a visit I decided to fix a little tray of healthier foods and have it on the little table where they play.  I didn't say a word about it, and they spotted it right off the bat.  "Mimi, who is this for?"  they asked.  I told them is was for them, and that I thought they might want a snack.

It worked like a charm.  They sat right down to that table and began munching.  Not one asked for a cookie, or any other sweet treat, and before the visit was over the entire lot of it was finished.



Now, I'm wondering if I can pull this trick on myself?

1 comment:

  1. Or you can try to pull this trick on me!!! haha!!! I know I'm much more likely to go grab a cookie instead of go and cut celery, even though I'd rather have celery with peanut butter!!!

    ReplyDelete