About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fall and Sewing


Autumn is my favorite time of year, although where I live it usually only last a few days.  Summer often blazes right on through September and October and there have been many years that I have worn shorts on Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Maybe that has something to do with my love of fall, you know, the rarity of it and all.  However, there are subtle changes in the way the light falls at different times of day and  soft fog lays on the ground in the morning  signaling a change is on its way. 

 I get very sentimental during this time of year.  I also find I am more content during this season than any other.  









Since there isn't a big temperature change here, there really is no need to change our style of clothing.  Shockingly many of us still walk around in flip-flops, and even wear white and linen after Labor Day.  Of Course we
 all want a little something new in our wardrobes and will jump at any chance to add a garment or two.  So in the spirit of fall, I made a couple of fall colored skirts, this is one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment