About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Painting Blind


Check out this blind artist. His name is Ricky Trione and he paints!  We saw him recently and he is really amazing!  His story is pretty unbelievable, and he is incredibly inspiring!  Did I mention that he paints and he's blind?  I'm not talking abstract either!  His paintings are bright and vibrant, mostly of local fish and wildlife.  They are very beautiful.

While telling his story to local children he made several raised pictures with fabric paints and  taught them to do rubbings from the raised pictures.  I know every child in attendance left feeling like there is nothing they can't do.  I did, well, I'm pretty sure I still can't carry a tune, but other than that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment