About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Sorry, no pictures today.  I had a wonderful day.  I baked a Boston cream pie for my youngest brother and my mom's birthday, put up a bushel of sweet corn, swam for a little while with the girls and went to a family barbecue.  There are so many other things that need to be done, but I never seem to get around to them.  House work is not high on my priority list.  It gets done sporadically, but I'm definitely not one of those people who can't leave the house or go to bed until it is in perfect order.  My poor grandmother would be so ashamed.  Sorry Granny.  If I ever come into a large sum of money I don't really care if I get a fancy car or elaborate house, my one frivolous desire is a housekeeper.  I can hear Granny's voice now, "Mindy, if wishes were horses beggars would ride."  Guess that was her way of saying, "It ain't gonna happen!!"  (but of course she would have never said ain't!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment