About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Busy Summer

It has been a whirlwind of a summer so far!  I spent a week at camp with 2 of my grandchildren (don't tell but we snuck back home to sleep in our beds at night).  Then there was a week spent in the woods with my husband camping redneck style, followed by a week working in VBS.  This week I've been busy canning salsa and blueberry jam.   Whew!  It makes me tired again just thinking of it all!

Below are a few highlights of our camping trip.

He really enjoyed panning for gold, but alas no luck this time.
He caught a few fish



We did a little Dutch oven cooking.
This is the after shot of the meal above.  It looks a lot more appetizing here doesn't it?

At least one morning of camping calls for homemade biscuits, don't you think?

Now this wasn't cooked in the Dutch oven, but it sure was good!

This may have been my favorite part.


It was beautiful up and down stream!

Things have grown up a lot since our last trip.




We were surrounded by beauty, and the birdsongs were amazing!



...and her nest of eggs
Sweet little momma bird...


Up until now you thought I was kidding about redneck camping.

But, hey, it's not too bad inside, especially when he puts the ac in that little hole in the wall.

We even watched old episodes of Daniel Boone projected onto the side of the trailer.


It was one of the most relaxing trips I've had in a long time.  I took my chair out into the creek
and sat and read, and just let the water swirl all around.

I could have stayed for another week easily!  I didn't see a soul other than my husband for 6 days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment