About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

More Vintage Pretties


Sorry to have disappeared for so long again. Sometimes it is just that I really don't have that much to share, and other times I have plenty to share but simply lack the time to share it. This time it has been a little of both. There are a few projects I'm working on that I am aching to share, but they are gifts, and I don't want to spoil any secrets. In addition to gifts in the making I have a hundred projects going on in my head, but I seriously doubt I'll live long enough to finish them all.

So, instead of sharing my secrets, I thought I'd share some sweet vintage lovelies that have come my way. Each was a gift and I adore them all!




First of all, this is a little planter my sister-in-law gave me for my birthday. As I've mentioned many times I love vintage planters. They line practically every window sill, they sit on each of my stairs, every open cupboard or shelf is graced by at least one, and any piece of furniture with a place to set something is also garnished by a little planter. Isn't this one just darling? Look at that sweet thing blowing kisses. Don't you just love it? I do! And it will make a darling vase at baby showers too.



Next is an adorable little
jadeite juicer. It is about the size of a teacup. I've never seen one like it, and since I collect glass juicers and jadeite it is perfect! Someone thought they were being sly during a recent visit when they snuck this
little cutie onto my tea cart with my other juicers. They thought I wouldn't notice it until they were gone. WRONG! I was chattering away and froze mid-sentence when my eye caught this little pretty. Busted! I love it! I need to run to the store and get some limes and lemons. I see freshly squeezed juices and aides in my immediate future!











Now, this is something I've never seen before. It's the sweetest little vintage children's paper-doll activity book. The book has a pocket behind the picket fence the dolls and other props can be stored behind it. The book has lovely scenes from various nursery rhymes, and you can dress the dolls to play the part of the character and walk them right through the scene in the book. How clever is that? The illustrations are so whimsically
charming and the outfits are stored in a trunk on the very last page. Now just try to tell me you wouldn't want to play with this yourself! This is going to be a very special toy for the grandchildren that only comes out when each
one is here alone. I have to be honest and say I'm looking forward to that play time as much as they will!




3 comments:

  1. So cool!!! I love vintage things too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come play with the paper dolls? Please!!! And have some fresh juice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come right on over! We will have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete