About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thrifty Vintage Finds








I didn't get pictures of all of the little treasures I found on a recent junk store outing, but here are a few of the things I brought home:
a cute cowboy and bull salt and pepper shaker, (I don't think they originally came together, but aren't they cute?)

an old kitchen towel and a few hens and roosters,




a pretty mother's plaque,











an adorable Humpty hanky,














A darling planter just the size for recipe cards and a pen, and the colorful handkerchief beneath it,




















and a sweet old story book with a ratty cover, but precious illustrations.





















Don't ask me why, but I couldn't pass up this little mushroom.

The cowboy came in a box full of junk all for two bucks. It was mostly orphaned salt and pepper shakers. I was going to put them in a giveaway box, but Sweet Cheeks likes to line all of them up and make a "parade". So I guess they will stay for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment