About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Vintage dress for Sweet Cheeks




















Life has been a whirlwind lately, and it’s turned me around so many times in so many directions I really can’t tell you what I’ve done or where I’ve been. Good thing I’m not the type to follow a rigid schedule. I’ve pretty much always flown by the seat of my pants.




I have done a little sewing and have a few things to share, but only one at a time. So here’s the latest thing I’ve completed. (Please, don’t ask how many I’ve started, because I’m not sure I could tell you.) This is a dress from a vintage pattern. I made the pink, purple, and lime green one above a couple of years ago for Scooter, and now Sweet Cheeks has inherited it via the hand-me-down machine.


I used to love receiving hand me downs from my cousin when I was growing up. It was like Christmas for me. I couldn’t wait to pull each item out of the bag and try it on. Opps, sorry, I do digress, back to the dress. Anyway the dress I made for Scooter that now belongs to Sweet Cheeks (are you still with me, I think I’m going in circles here) is her mom’s favorite dress on her, and she asked me the other day if I got time could I make another one for her. So I did. I used two pieces from my stash. I’m not sure where either of them came from, but I think they go together nicely.


I’m hoping to get time to make another one really soon. This is such a sweet pattern, and I think next time I'll make the option with pockets.




2 comments:

  1. That IS a cute dress. I love how the back looks like an apron dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both!!! You do such a good job! And for the record, I still have people who clean out their closets each season (must be nice) give me their hand me downs!!! I still love it, and really love it when Noah is blessed!!!
    Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete