About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Review on Mundial Dressmaker Shears from CSN stores



I'm happy to finally share my review on the

MUNDIAL CLASSIC FORGED 8" DRESSMAKER SHEARs

that I received to review from CSN stores. They came very quickly just a few days after I placed the order the package arrived. I was so very excited, but there was quite a lot going on at my house for several weeks so I haven't gotten a chance to use them until yesterday. I am working on some dolls that have a lot of turns and small places that wouldn't work well with a rotary cutter, so it was the perfect opportunity to try out my new shears.







The first thing I noticed was their weight. I like a heavy forged pair of scissors and these do not disappoint. They fit my hand nicely too, which makes cutting so much easier. Have you ever used a pair of scissors that just seemed to work against you instead of with you? I have, and it is very discouraging. I was very grateful that these worked so well for me.

The blades are sharp and just the right length for me. I know that blade length is a matter of personal preference, and everyone wouldn't want the same length, but these are short enough to maneuver around smaller turns, and long enough that you aren't constantly having to open and close them.

They came with a small sheath. It is only long enough for the blades to fit in, not the entire scissors. That is the only drawback I see with them. I don't really see any advantage to a sheath that size, except that it may keep the scissors from poking something if you were carrying other things in, say, a sewing basket or bag with the scissors.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this new pair of shears. I actually am looking forward to cutting out some more doll parts. Usually cutting is my least favorite part of a project. The price was fair at $36.00. I would definitely recommend these to someone looking for a good pair of dressmaking shears.

No comments:

Post a Comment