About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Random Thoughts, A Great Blog, and A Commercial





















There was an old woman who lived in a shoe............
I am not that woman!  First of all, my entire body would never fit into a shoe no matter the size, much less my entire family, and I didn't know what to do before I started having children, so I certainly can't blame them!  I am surrounded by children, always have been, and even when I don't know what to do I consider them a blessing.  My life has been enriched greatly by all of the children in my life.  I hope that in some way I have enriched theirs as well.  I am feeling rich today, rich in the relationships of my life.  Thanks for indulging me in my sentimentality.

Changing gears here, I found an amazing site this morning I want to share with you.  I'm linking you to one page of the site, but browse around and check out the various articles, there is a lot of great stuff there!  I haven't read it all yet, but am trying to let my brain marinate in what I have read so maybe the flavor will stick.  I particularly relate to The Mild Manifesto, but I could never have put how I felt into words.     

Okay, now the commercial:  My mom has been telling me what a prevention using a saline solution every day is for a long time.  On a recent trip to the Dr.  with one of my grandchildren the Dr. suggested saline drops to help her get over her cold more quickly.  I told him that I used Simply Saline everyday, and he said that if everyone did this 85% of his patients,  wouldn't need his services.  I am in no way affiliated with this product or company, but I thought with all of the sickness going around this might be a tip some of you would appreciate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment