About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Our Growing Family and Doll Quilts

No pictures today.  There is much going on here, my dad had back surgery and is doing well.  My son and his wife found out today that their new baby will be a boy!  I can't wait to get my hands on that little bugger!  I am so very excited!!

I have several sewing projects in mind, Christmas things I so hope to do, but my time is slipping through my fingers!  I also had the neatest idea for a repurposed apron, if it turns out I'd like to do a tutorial on it.  We'll see how it goes.  

One of the Christmas ideas I have is to make doll quilts for each of the girls with a book themed doll quilt and give them the book along with the quilt.  I know there is Pokey Little Puppy material and A Very Hungry Caterpillar, and I think I will do these.  I'd also like to do Little Red Riding Hood, and maybe Sleeping Beauty, and The Little Red Hen.  If anyone has  other suggestions or pattern ideas I'd love to hear it!

1 comment:

  1. nice to meet you :) Love the idea of book themed doll quilts, I bet they will love them. Hugs, catherine x

    ReplyDelete