About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October Fun




























































I'm sorrry for the lapse in blogging.  I've been busy with other things, like putting up pear butter, and pear preserves, checking out yard and estate sales with my daughter-in-law, celebrating birthdays with family, taking the grandkids to the fair, and camping.  We've been 
having so much fun and are hopefully making memories.  

While camping we do most of our cooking on Dutch Ovens.  This trip we made chicken and rice, meat loaf, biscuits, and cobbler in them.  Our other foods we made on a little camp stove.  I'm always looking for new Dutch oven recipes.  I hope to make a pineapple upside-down cake next time in one.





On these excursions Little Buddha is always trying to find new ways to bring the comforts of home to the experience.  This time he was determined to 

build us a shower equipped with hot water.  It may be funny looking, but it surely felt good!  







































His water heating apparatus resembles a moonshining still.  I never thought I would enjoy a shower out of doors, but it was so refreshing that I'd love to have one at home, if we lived a little further out in the boon docks that is! 









There is an old fireplace on the land where we camp.  You can walk through the area that used to be someone's home.  It always makes me wonder who the people were who lived here, and gives me a hauntingly sad, yet somewhat romantic  feeling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment