About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Diaper Bouquet

We had a family baby shower for our son and daughter-in-law a couple of weeks ago, and this is one of the decorations I made for it.

I got the idea from Pinterest, but I couldn't find a tutorial, so I just winged it. I used chop sticks for the stem and rolled the diapers around the sticks. I cut pieces of pink ribbon and stuck the stick through the center of the ribbon piece, then tied a smaller green ribbon to secure it all. Once the flowers were made I stuck them into a styrofoam ball covered with a piece of the extra wide mesh ribbon like the kind used to make wreaths. I used that as filler in the bouquet and stuck it all in a cute little pink vase. It was super simple to make, and I was really pleased with how it turned out.

I made a few other decorations too. I'll try to post those later. My camera was acting up so my daughter took some of the pictures with hers, and she hasn't had time to load them yet.

1 comment: