About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Finishing Up a Little Sewing

I have finished a few sewing projects that have been in the works for a while. I usually start three projects before finishing one, not a habit that I recommend!

First off is a dress that I made for Scooter. It is from an old pattern that I have used several times. The dress can be worn with or without the pinafore. Scooter just loves this puppy print fabric, and Angel Eyes asked if I could make her one like it. The pattern is a single size one, so I doubt I'll be able to pull that off.




The next project I completed was a baby quilt for little Thumper. I quilted it on my mom's very nice machine. Hers is a new model Cadillac and mine, which I was perfectly content with until I sewed on hers, is a 30 year old VW. It still gets me where I need to go, but the ride is not nearly as luxurious.


The pattern I used was called "Just Can't Cut it". I wish I had put more contrast into it. It's a little too monochromatic for my taste, but my daughter loves it, and that makes me happy. I ended up making it a lap quilt size so she could use it longer. I hope Thumper likes pink as much as the other girls do!

The last project was a little bonnet for Thumper. It matches her quilt and is still a little too big. It won't be long until it fits her nicely though, and it still manages to keep the wind off of her ears.










Isn't she a doll?

3 comments:

  1. I love it all!!! If only I had a smidge of your talent! I really don't know if I could sew a button on!!! My mom is pretty skilled with her sewing too, but rarely does it! You do such pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tiffany! I'm not that accomplished, but I enjoy doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see what others are sewing! The little girl's dress and pinafore is adorable!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete