About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Picnic Wedding Shower



My niece is getting married soon, and I wanted to give her a bridal shower to remember. And for as long as I can remember she has loved picnics, so what better theme than a picnic shower.


The sign they are holding says, "We're getting hitched." it doesn't really show up in the picture.

For you regular readers, no, I haven't figured out my new camera yet, but it's on my to do list, by the way where did I put that list? Never mind.

God blessed us with another beautiful evening which made this time all the more special. I love it when we actually have a spring. It doesn't always happen here. Sometimes we jump right straight from winter into summer.























Gingham was the fabric of the day, what else for a picnic? It is by far my favorite of all fabrics, and I would love to own bolts of it, wouldn't you?
















See that really large pickle jar on the table? My mother used to fill it up with chocolate chip cookies at Christmas time. I mean full to the brim! They didn't last long once she gave us the green light for eating them. Remember, I had four brothers so I didn't finish off the jar alone, but I probably could have. They were delicious cookies! Especially when she would put peanuts in them!






The little gingham flowers on the branches were made like the ones my daughter-in-law made for my daughter's shower earlier this week. They were made from a tutorial found here, but be very careful if you try them. I have a big ugly blister where I burned myself with hot glue, OUCH!

When everyone began to arrive I began to get excited, and hungry! I told you we have excellent cooks in our family!










The happy bride and groom to be, aren't they cute? Yeah, I think so too!








Our family keeps growing, so much so that it would probably take a panoramic lens and a magician to get us all into one photograph. So we just divide and conquer. A little here..



and a little there, and there still are a few missing.



No my sister-in-law is not smoking, or giving the peace sign. Maybe she's impersonating Nixon. No, I guess not, it's only one hand. I'll ask her later.





Can you tell I love sweets? I didn't get any close ups of the real food, but I promise it was there: hamburgers, over the top mac and cheese, fried dill pickles, and potato salad.


That's in addition to all of the sweets you see here. There was supposed to be an appetizer too, but someone forgot to put it out. I won't call any names, and nobody else better rat me out either!




























































Dusk began to settle so we lit the lanterns and tried to create a little ambiance.



























Then it was time for a little gift giving,





















and a little swooning.






















I won't bore you with each and every gift, but there was some good stuff there.
































And these youngsters are the parents of the bride. Now be honest, they don't look old enough to have a daughter getting married now do they?












Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comment: