About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Garden Party Baby Shower

I am expecting my 8th grandchild in a couple of months, and we celebrated this occasion this week with a baby shower. The weather cooperated in a most pleasant way, and we were actually able to hold the event out of doors. This, by the way, was a very good thing since my interior was in the process of being painted at the time, and no one could have gotten into it safely.








Just look at that beautiful diaper cake, fabric flowers and pretty painted bottles. These were all put together by my very talented daughter-in-law.

I tried to incorporate pink wherever I could, and when I came across a pink popcorn recipe here I just had to try it. It tasted a lot better than I thought it would.

I had lots of help with food, and since there are so many great cooks in the family I always look forward to trying whatever they bring to any function! As usual everyone out did themselves.



















See that lovely tablecloth? My sister-in-law from Atlanta sent that home with me last weekend and it was just the thing I needed to make this all come together.











































Of course the baby and mom were showered with precious, adorable gifts.









Each guest wrote a prayer for the baby and hung it on the tree located on the gift table. My daughter is planning on having them mounted in a frame to hang in the baby's room.







Even the little ones oohed and awed at the sweet little dainties.

















It really was a wonderful evening, surrounded by family and friends, celebrating the beginning of a new life on a perfect spring evening.


























Of course as with anything we do there are kids everywhere, and they really had a blast...











chasing bugs across blankets,











eating sweets galore,















and even enjoying a little baseball.

Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. So which pictures are you sending to Southern Living?!?!?! Everything was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete