About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Last Weekend
























The last two weekends have been beautiful. I'm behind on posting so I'm sharing last weekend's stuff and will try to post tomorrow on this weekend.





Pretty weather almost always means a trip to the farm to feed some of the animals. It was carrots for the horses this day.




And when we ran out of carrots the kids offered flowers, and to my surprise, and the kid's delight, the horses loved them.
























Belle just can't get enough of the animals! She wants to be a vet when she grows up, and I'm sure she'll be a great one. She has a way with any animal she's around. Spidey likes them too!

Pooh Bear stayed home and rode his stick horse, upside-down no less.



















Part of my weekend was spent making this purse for a cousin of mine, whose purse was stolen out of her car while she was at church.


I also enjoyed going to a quilt show on Saturday.


There were so many lovely quilts, and I took tons of pictures. (I will only post a few.)

This particular one was made by a lady who had made an entire room full of quilts, all hand sewn, hand quilted, and hand appliqued. There was one she had even dyed the fabric for. She didn't start quilting until she was in her fifties, and they said there were forty something other quilts that they didn't even bring! What an inspiration!













The show was in a church and every little Sunday school room, chapel and even the sanctuary were all decorated with quilts made by local women, quilts that people had bought, or had been handed down for generations. They all had such a personality. Some had bits of the history pinned to them. I could have spent the whole day in there! Come to think of it I almost did.























This one had over 20,000 pieces in it! It makes me tired to even look at it! I don't know the name of the pattern, but I think I would have called it Patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment