About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer Produce Has Arrived!


I’m so thankful to live in a rural area where homegrown vegetables are plentiful. We had the first squash from the garden this week, and were blessed with gifts of corn, cucumbers, more squash, and some tomatoes from various other gardens. Yesterday my husband and I put up some fresh corn in the freezer, my mom and I put up fresh squash. I made refrigerator squash pickles, they taste like a bread and butter pickle and are so easy to make, and last indefinitely in the refrigerator. If you want to try them here is the recipe:


Squash Pickles


1 gallon thinly sliced mixture of squash, cucumbers, and onions

3 cups white vinegar

3 cups sugar

1/4 cup salt

1 tsp turmeric

1 tsp celery seed


Bring vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil

add spices

pour over veggies

let cool

place in airtight container and refrigerate


Super simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment