About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Part Two of Our Vacation


The next leg of my September journey started when I left Utah and headed to meet my husband and several of  his family members in South Carolina.  

They had all attended the wedding of our nephew at the Biltmore Estate while I was out west.  It was one of those times when I truly wished I could have been two places at once.


Once we all arrived we had so much fun just hanging out together and catching up with each other.  We ate some very tasty meals, and enjoyed shopping and checking out some of the local scenery.


















The trees are my favorite part of this area of South Carolina.  The strong and graceful boughs of the ancient oaks reaching up toward heaven, and outward as if in welcome just draw me.  Those laced with ghostly wisps of moss are hauntingly beautiful.  The moss sways to and fro in the gentle breezes like paper fans in warm southern church services a few years back.







I really loved Edisto Island!  

It was like nothing I've ever seen.  The beach was blanketed inches deep with shells, and the trees grew right up to the edge of the beach, so unlike any other beach I've visited.  
The trees along the water's edge were barren and weathered which added to the beauty in radical contrast to the lush greenery just a few feet inland.  The water was so calm on the day we visited, and everything had such a peaceful feeling about it.




Our next outing was a little surprise to us.  Our niece's boss took us all out on his sail boat for the afternoon.


 It was a beautiful day for it!

We sailed along the Battery in Charleston looking at the beautiful historical homes and churches, and the fort.  It was amazing.  It's hard to be in a place so full of history and not get pulled back deep in your mind to another time. 





Sailing was so much fun, and a really great way to experience Charleston.  However, it is certainly not a leisurely pastime!  The guys and our niece were constantly moving from one duty to another.  My sisters-in-law and myself mainly just enjoyed the ride.  

We all really hated it when our time together came to an end, but now we can begin planning for next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment