About Me

My photo
Wife, Mother, Mimi, lover of all things creative... sewing, embroidery, painting, collage... God and family are the most important things in my life.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Great Outdoors, (sometimes)









































Sorry for the hiatus I' ve been away enjoying the wonder of nature and the abundance of rain.  We went camping and encountered a little precipitation along the way.  That's okay though because I enjoyed laying under the canopy and reading to the orchestra  of raindrops.  

During the clear times I wandered around  peering at the vast contrast of colors and textures, sounds and smells.  It was great!  







I typically don't like the heat and this keeps me from spending as much time out of doors during the summer months as I do during the other seasons. 














 Yeah, that's wimpy, but I'm just not fond of sweating!  I know, I know southern girls don't sweat they glisten, but call it what you will I would rather obtain my glisten from inner beauty, not outer temperatures.  























Anyway, Little Buddha (an affectionate name given to my husband by a friend of ours) has been after me to go camping with him for a while.   I knew we would be near a very cold stream so I agreed.  I am really glad I gave in this time.  It was 
so relaxing.  

Some of our family came out on Saturday and visited with us at the camp site.  We did a little Dutch oven cooking, trying out a few new recipes and a stand by or two.  To me everything taste better outside.  

I took some photos that I hope I will be able to paint soon.  The light freckling through the woods was really beautiful in the late evening.  I'm not a very good photographer.  When I look at some of my photos I wonder what I was trying to capture.  The one photography rule I know is take lots of pictures something is bound to be keepable eventually.  Occasionally I luck up.

The rain made the stream too muddy to swim most of the time, but it also kept the air from being unbearably hot.

It was a really nice trip and I'm actually looking forward to going back maybe in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment